Where He Belongs is short. At not quite five thousand words, I'd say it falls under the extremely short heading.
Here's the blurb:
Vance and Raine had the perfect little life, until their shared sassy sub, Andrew, threw a hissy fit and left them. But the big, wide world turned out to be far too lonely, and Andrew is back, wanting to come home. Vance is willing -- he knows he'll always do anything he must to keep Andrew -- but Raine isn't. Raine's heart still hasn't mended, and he's going to need some convincing before he lets Andrew back in. Fortunately for Andrew, Vance has a plan.
For such a short story, we learn a surprising amount about what happened before, so we know why these three characters are where they are in this brief moment in time we are shown. There is one surprise twist thrown in, and just enough of a scene to get us interested. It's a nice short story.
- Bondage and Discipline: 1 of 3
- Dominance and Submission: This story is primarily about a relationship that has broken up, and whether it's possible for it to get back together. There is some D/s, enough so we know that in a functioning relationship it would be front and center... but what we see is mostly just people talking. 1 of 3
- Sadism and Masochism: 0 of 3
- Extra Point: 0 of 3
I'm giving Where He Belongs an 8 of 10 for several reasons. One being that I think it was too short. Even just another thousand or two thousand words could have shown us enough to have knocked the enjoyment factor so much higher. It's a perfectly good plot with perfectly good characters and I want to see more than the 30 or 45 minutes of their lives that we got to see.
- Book Rating: Where He Belongs: 8 of 10
- BDSM Intensity Level: 2 of 10
- Heat Level: 3 of 5